Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief 2014-2015

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief 2014-2015, Stories Chief

Senior Angela DeCarlo is the Stories Chief for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com. This is DeCarlo’s third year in journalism and second year on staff. She is incredibly excited, not only to be on The Patriot staff again, but also to oversee the editing process. In her free time, DeCarlo enjoys listening to music, attempting to make a dent in her mile-long list of books to read, and eating. DeCarlo also enjoys being a member of the varsity cheerleading team, the Secretary for the National Honor Society, a member of the National Spanish Honor Society, and an editor for the Pinnacle, JC’s literary magazine. Angela DeCarlo can be reached for comments at [email protected].

All content by Angela DeCarlo
A bridge crosses the Tajo River. This river is the longest river in the Iberian Peninsula.

Galleries: Spanish Exchange

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 11, 2015

Gallery: Vuelta al Valle

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 11, 2015
The ruins of the Roman city of Segobriga are on display in the archaeological park. The Romans founded this city in order to mine lapis specularis, a type of gypsum that was used for windows around the Roman Empire.

Gallery: Segobriga and Cuenca

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 11, 2015
The Santiago Bernabéu Stadium is home to the Real Madrid soccer team. The team has been playing in this stadium since 1947, even though the team was founded in 1902.

Gallery: Madrid Bus Tour

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 9, 2015
This sculpture, called The Smiling Virgin was a gift to Spain from France. It is historically important because it is the first image where Mary is seen laughing with Jesus.

Gallery: Toledo

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 5, 2015
The Royal Palace sits beneath a clear blue sky. This palace is only used during special occasions, as the Royal Family lives in a more comfortable and smaller house in the country. No photography was allowed inside the Royal Palace, but each of the rooms that were open for for exhibition were beautiful.

Gallery: Madrid

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
February 2, 2015
Juniors Erin Welsh and Tim Yantz, sophomore Iain Olsen, and freshman Drew Forthman (left to right) wrap presents for the Adopt-a-Family program in religion teacher Joseph Gallens advisory. Gallens advisory gave clothes, toys and food to their adopted family.

Advisories wrap up year with giving

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
December 16, 2014
The Academic Team plays Mount de Sales in a match on Dec. 9. They beat Mount de Sales 37-19 and Loyola-Blakefield 29-27.

Academic Team achieves victory

Angela DeCarlo, Stories Chief
December 13, 2014
Varsity field hockey head coach Gary Scholl gives the girls advice during the game against Indian Creek on Oct. 29. Because of Scholls coaching, the team made it to the championships on Nov. 1, beating Maryvale 2-1 in double overtime.

[PHOTO] Coaches’ passion molds teams

Mike Moxley, Multimedia Editor
December 3, 2014
Lisa and Stanley Barnes, class of ’72, celebrate their wedding on Sept. 27, 2013.  The pair fell in love after meeting up at their 40th Reunion on Sept. 28, 2012.

Sparks fly at 40th Reunion

Angela DeCarlo, Copy Editor
December 16, 2013
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Angela DeCarlo